Quicky - Magnetic EDC Belt
Quicky is the magnetic belt that latches itself. Infinitely adjustable and ridiculously quick to remove, the patent-pending design looks great in the office, on the trail, or in the air.
Designed to be used and abused:
- Adjusts fast for a perfect fit and doesn't slip.
- Latches itself and stays latched until you're ready to drop your pants.
- Quickly releases for rapid pants extraction.
- Strong enough to lift a motorcycle, it's unquestionably overbuilt.
- Two ways to wear it: tail-less or classic
We're all familiar with the traditional leather belt that hasn't changed since dinosaurs roamed the earth. It's a good solution, but it's not the BEST solution. A few months ago, I decided that I don't have time for that ancient technology anymore. I just wanted a belt that would:
- Snap apart instantly the very moment I needed to escape my pants.
- Snap right back together without making me adjust the fit or snugness of the strap again.
- Look like a regular belt so that I coud wear it with anything.
- Adjust simply and discreetly should I eat too much at dinner or just feel like letting loose a bit.
Is that asking so much? Also, I wanted it to be way overbuilt so that it would last a very long time. After sketching concepts for a couple days, I settled on a locking mechanism using neodymium magnets and an interlocking male/female buckle combination machined from aluminum.
To get a slimmer, more streamlined rectangular profile, I incorporated a sliding-post adjustment mechanism which is permanently retained inside the male buckle. That sliding post makes for a super-smooth adjustment, and it just works. The greater the load on the strap, the tighter the post grips, so there is no slippage.
It took a few iterations of 3D printing and CNC machining to get the design just right, but it was worth the effort. The mechanical latching/unlatching action feels just oh-so-nice. The male side seats securely into a recess of the female side, locking the two pieces together so that Quicky can't release before you're ready.
To get a Quicky, you start with a block of aluminum and cut away everything that doesn't look like a Quicky. While this production method is relatively expensive, I feel it's worth it to get a quality part made from strong material.
Natural Type II Anodized
Black Hard Anodized (Type III, Class 2)
Every belt is sewn in-house on one of our Juki DNU-1541 industrial sewing machines. We may not be as fast (or cheap) as a factory overseas, but this way we can place every stitch exactly where it needs to go.
Please Note: This belt is not rated for safety, climbing, or any high-load bearing applications. It is the responsibility of the user to independently determine the suitability of this product for any given application.
- Carbon Tactics
- Material, buckle: Aerospace Grade 7075 Aluminum, Anodized
- Material, strap: Resin-Treated Nylon
- 1.5” Wide Tactical Webbing
- Length: Regular 52 in (up to 38 inch waist), Large 62in (up to 48 inch waist), or XLarge 72 in (up to 58 inch waist)
- Made in USA
Measure the circumference of your waist (Waist Size) through the belt loops of your pants. This is your Waist Size, which is usually a few inches greater than the size marked on your pants. If in doubt, measure your waist with a tape measure! This will ensure you get the right size. All measurements are in inches.